Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Easy Cheesy and Creamy Mac and Cheese


John Legend is a musician but did you know that he shared his incredibly yummy mac and cheese recipe on the Martha Stewart Show many years ago? I made this recipe so many times and each time I received praises for this great dish. The recipe calls for 2 pounds of cheese which is quite a lot. I never used up all the cheese but if you love cheese, this mac and cheese is definitely for you! The first time I made this dish, I only had 1 pound of cheese in my fridge and the sauce curdled so I learned not to go skimpy on the cheese the next time I made it.

You will need the following ingredients:

  • 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, plus more for baking dish
  • Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
  • 3 cups elbow macaroni
  • 2 (12-ounce) cans evaporated milk
  • 1/3 cup skim milk
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 2 (8-ounce) packages extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
  • 1 (8-ounce) package Monterey Jack cheese, grated
  • Paprika, for sprinkling

For the recipe, please visit Martha Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment