1 1/4 cups fat-free Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups grated peeled turnip (about 8 ounces, 2 small)
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated whole nutmeg
- 1 (30-ounce) package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed (such as Ore-Ida)
- Cooking spray
- 8 large eggs
- Chopped fresh chives (optional)
- 1) Preheat oven 400°.
- 2) Combine yogurt and flour in a large bowl, stirring well. Add turnip, Gruyère cheese, butter, chives, 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, black pepper, nutmeg, and potatoes to yogurt mixture. Spread potato mixture evenly into a 13 x 9–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from oven. With the back of a spoon, make 8 indentations in top of potato mixture. Crack 1 egg into each of 8 indentations. Return dish to oven. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes or until egg whites are firm and yolks barely move when pan is touched. Cut into 8 pieces. Garnish with additional chives and black pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Cooking Light