- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup sugar (Lisa uses 1 1/2 cups, which makes for an even moister loaf)
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup milk mixed with
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (not needed if using salted butter)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar into softened butter using a fork.
- Add eggs; mix well.
- Mash bananas and add to batter. Add vanilla.
- Add vinegar to milk; add sour milk to batter.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Add nuts, if using.
- Bake for one hour, until toothpick comes out clean. It’s important to do the toothpick test with banana bread, as often it looks nice and brown outside but still needs a few more minutes to cook fully inside.
Recipe by: Chinese Grandma